So since graduation in May of 2007, my life has benn all about changes, but isn't that what life is all about anyway? Jared and I talked a lot this weekend about people and their purpose in life. Saturday night we went down to Carolina Beach to Britt's donuts, because Jared had never had one. We came across a free bench and sat down with our piping hot treats and a glass of water. We looked around at the people around us, and I felt sad. They have no clue why they are here...they are just living life - with no purpose really. We talked a lot about people we knew who basically, "party it up" on a daily basis, some even have children...but really have no purpose in life. But then again, is that their purpose?
Contemplating this, I'm so grateful to have goals in life and to have ideas about what will happen after this life, because of the goals I have aimed for and hopefully reached. Jared and I's lives are getting ready to change as we inch everyday, one step closer to getting married - completing a goal we have aimed for and doing something that has so much m
eaning, so much purpose, and get ready to have a family. I'm so grateful for changes!
eaning, so much purpose, and get ready to have a family. I'm so grateful for changes! This past weekend was fun - we moved! Well, my other half moved. I never thought one could have so much stuff in such a small place. But it was good to go through stuff and organize and throw away old things. Jared's definition of "packing" and "moving" are very different from mine. I like to box things up, organize them into which room they are going, and clean everything thoroughly before packing it away neatly, making sure all space is utilized. Jared - not so much. Somehow, we managed to take apart his bed frame and stuff the mattress into the Tahoe - I have no idea how we did this, furthermore, I have no idea how I made it back to Pinehurst! I had no visual of behind me, the left, or the right! For those who know, I stink at driving so not being able to see, handicapped me even more, but alas, I made it here in one piece, and so did Jared's things...well, they were not neccessarily in ONE piece, but they made it.
We didn't get a kitten this past weekend, but we almost did! We found a beautiful Siamese at the petstore! We held him, and then figured we needed to talk about it. We came back a little later to get him, and he had been adopted about 5 minutes before we walked back in. I was really bummed, but this will give me a chance to research and get everything we need for our new little addition! We're excited!

No comments:
Post a Comment