Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Gettin' Crafty



I've always considered myself creative and got the bug again this past week. Work is very slow as of late, so I have tons of free time during the day...and the night (but only for 1 more day). I weathered the storm and headed to Walmart yesterday after visiting with Jared's Grandma for a few. I love funky jewelry and instead of spending $45 on a cool pair of earrings, I decided to make my own. They are awesome! I also made a chunky green beaded necklace, it has about 5 different strands of various green beads, and a couple pairs of matching earrings to go along with it. I feel very crafty and can't wait to find more things to make - I love this! I'm trying to find a cool antique broach to make a pretty hairpin, so today I think I'll go to the goodwill after work and see what I can find. I wish I had thought of doing all of this sooner! So far, I've made 4 pairs of earrings, and a necklace. Be prepared, all females in my family will most likely be getting jewelry for Christmas and Birthdays!




I also love decorative words and letters, like "Dream" or "Bath" or "Home" or my monogram. So I really thought it would be cool to find large wooden letters, paint them, and hang each letter separately with a cute ribbon and a bow. Unfortunately, Walmart was out of any letters other than I, Q, X, or Z. I couldn't think of anything I could spell with those. Bummer.




Jared is moving here tomorrow! Talk about being excited - I am the definition of the word!!!!! I think he's excited. He'll be living with his sister until we get married, so he'll be just around the corner from my house! I'm very excited for this Chapter of our lives...

No comments: