It's true folks, I am the blogger who blogs ever so seldom...I'm working on it though. I kind of see blogging as a public journal about my life and what's going on with me...so welcome to my life. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
I've included some pictures from Emiline and Thaxton's wedding since I spoke about it in my last post. It went really great - no sour words/glances from "You know who." It was actually a really fun experience and I am in contact with the Director of Events at the National to see if Jared and I can actually schedule our reception there. The reception was a blast - danced all night! Ours will be better though!!!!
I took off 7 full days and had my first "Kirk Family Vacation." We stayed in a condo in Cherry Grove, SC and it was fantastic. Jared and I also took our engagement photos. (I'll try to post them at somepoint) Everyone got sunburnt, except me! Go figure! We saw the new Disney film, "Wall-E" and it was pretty cute. I found the best ice cream ever!!!! We even went there 2 nights in a row... "Birthday Cake" @ Scoops!!! No other ice cream will ever be able to compete...it had actual chocolate cake pieces, icing, sprinkles, vanilla ice cream...it was heavenly. I was sad to come back home, but we're already counting down to next summer!
It's official! Jared is moving back here 2 weeks from tomorrow! I can't wait! It's been 3 months too long. Not that I don't like the Pinehurst area, it's just...I don't know how you say it...country?? I've grown up in a big city for the last 24 years...that's my whole life! Now I live in a little 2 room cottage on 5 acres of land!! And that's all there is around it, besides a vegetable garden, a weeping willow tree, and a dirt road. Luckily for me, I do have my own personal inground pool, odd I know, but it makes living here tolerable - yes, tolerable. I get home from work and basically lounge in the pool until 7-8pm. Not bad.
Jared and I are getting married 8 months from today in the Raleigh, NC Temple. We are being sealed at 9am - earlier the better!!!! We are really excited but the wedding planning just completely stresses me out. I wish someone could say, "Ok, you have 3 choices for a cake, 3 choices for a dress, 3 choices on food..." That way, I wouldn't have to choose from 1,386, 293 different things!!!! Grrr!!! I am not a person who likes making the decisions...I usually leave that to Jared, but with the Wedding, he just says, "Whatever you want, babe." This is not acceptable! Nonetheless, we're excited and it will be a great day!!! But be warned, this will not be a traditional wedding reception friends!!!!
I ventured back into the world of crafting this past weekend and make my very own "Red Ruby Slippers." They are fantastic. I even wore them to church yesterday! Grandma Naomi loved them - she wanted some for herself! I don't have any pics of them yet, but I will post them soon. I love being crafty, I think it's something I do well...I know I get it from my Grandma's and Mom. I love decorating and my home, I think, looks really great...especially for what it is! Anywhoo....until next time.
Erinlee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment