I figured I would take this chance to say what I'm grateful for. Saying "Thank you" is often a very difficult thing, and for some reason, it's especially difficult to say it to the ones you love the most. So here is my chance...

I'm so blessed and thankful for the man who will soon be my husband, Jared. Thank you for loving me, for who I am, where I've been, and for what we'll be together. You've never judged me or my past and you love me unconditionally. You are so patient and kind. You treat me like the princess I don't deserve to be treated as. You have made me so happy knowing that you waited all this time for me to come along, so that we can be sealed in the temple, and I'm grateful that a temple marriage means so much to you. It will be the greatest day of my life, knealing across the alter from you, being sealed to you for eternity. You are going to make the best dad ever and I can't wait to see you with our kids. You've taught me what true love really is.

My family is so important to me, and I take them for granted everyday. My mom is such an example of someone who perserveres through trials and hardships and comes out strong in the end. My dad is the same...he never complains of being hurt, being in pain...he just keeps going. My parents have both endured health problems, and still do to this day. They are the perfect example of a strong marriage and how to support your spouse through everything. They are always there for me and give all they can to make sure that I'm ok. They go the extra mile for me and always have. I'm grateful for the bond I share with my mom and dad. I'm glad I was able to be with my mom during her trial with Breast Cancer, and I'll never forget sharing that precious time with her. I'm glad that I'm still the "baby girl" to my dad and that he loves me so much. My brother is an amazing man. He loves his family and is a great father. It has been a blessing to be able to have seen him grow into a husband and father. He loves his son, and is excited about the new baby that will be coming into their life in the next few months.

I'm grateful for having been where I have. I have learned from mistakes and am a better person for it. I know things that I know will help my future family. I know that I will be able to relate to my children better and have a sound understanding of their lives. Not all experiences are great, but I have learned to seek the lessons from them, and move on and know that I have the opportunity to share this with others.
I'm so very grateful for the chance I was given to be raised in the gospel and for the teachings that I hold so close to my heart. I'm not the "perfect mormon" but I'm so blessed to be a part of this church and to be able to say that I KNOW that it is true. The Atonement has been a huge part of my life and I am grateful for who I am now, because of it. I know who I am, and I know where I'm going because of the choices I have made and I hope I can live up to the promises I have been told I will inherit if I continue to be faithful.
No comments:
Post a Comment