Thursday, October 15, 2009

KnitKnack

I have a new hobbie and I'm really enjoying it. I don't know what sparked the idea, but Saturday afternoon I went to Michaels and found myself in the yarn aisle. I fell in love; It was so warm and squishy and homey. I had no idea where to start because I didn't know anything about knitting, but after a few minutes of looking around, a beam of light appeared on the bottom shelf on a beautiful box. "Knit with Mickey Mouse" If anyone could help me learn to knit, I knew it would be Mickey! I found some adorable yarn (which was on sale - bonus!) and Mickey and I headed home to start on our new adventure. 48 hours later I completed my first square...well, maybe it was more of a rhombus shape, but I did it! My next project is a flower with a button center. They are so cute and I would love to make hairbands out of them. :)

No comments: