Friday, October 2, 2009

......the last 6 months summary

I am so awful. I will try and sum up the last few months and hopefully won't bore you to tears. Please bear with me.

First things, first. JARED AND I GOT MARRIED!!!!! How fabulous, right?! We tied the knot on March 14th at the Raleigh, NC Temple. The ceremony was beautiful and perfect. Afterwards, Jared and I had lunch at Andy's in Apex and shared a chocolate milkshake. Bliss. :) We drove back to Pinehurst, checked in to the hotel...........later that afternoon we had a ring ceremony for our family at CCNC and the reception followed. We danced the night away, cut the cake, and then off we were to Disney! Donning our Mickey and Minnie ears all the way!

Disney was magical. It was packed (must I remind you to NEVER go to Disney in March due to SPRING BREAK!!!!!) but we had a ball. We stayed at Disney's Allstar Movies resort for 8 days!! We rode rides, yes I RODE RIDES, ate at Cinderella's Castle (!!!!!) and had pictures taken with every Disney star we could find. Soarin' was my favorite ride and I loved loved loved the Spectromagic parade, which we saw 3 times. :) We bought shirts and watches and memorobilia out the wazoo and I'm ready to go back RIGHT NOW!!! Viva la Mickey!!


A few weeks after we got home and settled in to our married life, I was itching for a baby....a FURbaby that is!!!!! We had talked about Malti-poo's many times prior so I was on a hunt! Jake (yes, named after the Panther's football quarterback) joined our family in April and 2 became 3. Jake is all boy. He loves to get dirty, bark at everything, and thinks everyone is on this earth to play with him. Don't say "ride" in his presence at any time or you will be forced to drive him around in the car and let him hang 1/2 of his body out of the car window. He loves to be petted and chew on his bone. He loves to eat; see, I told you he was a part of the family! He has FINALLY mastered the art of potty training, or maybe we did, but doesn't listen to anything else you say. He loves to chew on dryer sheets and chase his tail. He is a rascal and I love him....Jared still isn't convinced that he can sleep in the bed, but I'm still working on it. :)


Life in the Kirk household is fairly normal. Can't you tell??????

No comments: